By the end of this tutorial you will learn how to create your own EVM application, a pokémon-inspired onchain game called Emojimon. This will help you understand how MUD works and how it can be used to build any other EVM application or onchain game.
We will also be exploring the ECS model, a software architectural pattern used commonly in video game development.
The Emojimon tutorial is a crash course in everything MUD but it is a particularly good resource for learning how to build onchain games using ECS. You can expect to learn the following:
- Onchain game development using the ECS model (opens in a new tab).
- How to create tables, interact with them using
Systems, and call them from the client.
- Improve onchain UX by optimistically render user actions using overridable tables.
- Querying onchain data from the MUD Store.
- Deploying all of the above to a testnet.
You can expect your finished product to look something like this: